UniversitÓ di Lugano. University of Lugano. Scegli la lingua. Choose the language.
Welcome to the UniversitÓ della Svizzera italiana. This web site has been developed with two content access modalities: visual and oral.
You are now browsing with the visual modality. If you are listening to the web site, you can change the modality and access the oral one, following the next link.
Access to the oral modality of the web site.
- For you:
- Current students
Psychological Counselling Service
- The Psychological Counselling Service has been created in cooperation with the ATP (Association of Psychologist of Ticino) with the aim of facilitating access to professionals in the field of psychology.
- What is Psychological Counselling?
- Psychological Counselling is a way of asking for help in a moment of personal struggle.
- Emotional distress may come in different forms and degrees, from a short term to a more complicated and long- lasting discomfort. When a disorder or a problem interferes with the daily routine affecting relationships, family, the workplace or school, the person in need can turn to a professional psychologist. Psychological counselling can focus on defining and solving specific problems, from decision making to crisis management.
- Psychological Counselling puts a focus on problems and helps finding solutions in different areas of life, facilitating adjustment and helping overcome obstacles.
- Together, concrete goals and feasible deadlines are set.
- Evaluation, diagnostic classification and reclaiming are the initial tools used to determine whether or not to seek professional counselling in case it's needed.
- Psychological counselling is not a service free of charages, it is covered by the complementary health insurance when provided by professional psychotherapists authorised by the canton.
- For further information and if interested please refer to
Associazione ticinese psicologi
CP 112-6850 Mendrisio Borgo
Tel. +41 079 441 66 04