TI-EDU computer and communications services were established on the basis of an agreement between USI Università della Svizzera italiana, Ticino’s University of Applied Sciences of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI), and Ticino’s government; it responds to USI’s General Secretary.
TI-EDU runs the telecommunication network that connects all USI and SUPSI premises to each other and to the Internet, and provides services such as:
- management of local networks;
- computer equipment;
- selection of suppliers for standard computer material
to USI, SUPSI, the Canton’s administration, and to non-profit organisations in the fields of education and research, e.g. the Research Institute in Biomedicine.
As far as the University is concerned, TI-EDU assures and maintains:
- the connection between the Lugano and Mendrisio campuses to the Swiss academic and research network (SWITCH) and the Internet;
- the local network and computer equipment for the Mendrisio campus;
- central services such as email and Web servers;
- contacts with the IT services of the other Swiss universities.
Servizi informatici TI-EDU
Telephone +41 (0)58 666 66 51