Docente: Andreas Hinterhuber
Course type: Master +2
Value in ECTS: 6
Bibliographic references available on the University Library website
Academic year 2012/2013 - Fall semester
Core course Master in Corporate Communication
The marketplace is in a constant state of change and it is critical that marketers understand the changes taking place and develop marketing activities to pursue opportunities and minimize threats. Strategic Marketing seeks to build a strategic framework of integrating business objectives, strategies, positioning and activities necessary for effective marketing implementation. Strategic marketing provides a perspective and emphasis that extends beyond the traditional focus on managing the marketing mix.
Overarching course objective is to stimulate student interest in strategic marketing. Specific objectives of this course are:
- To provide an overview of strategic marketing while highlighting some of the recent developments and directions.
- To explore the impact of marketing decisions on the economic and financial performance of the company
- To sharpen students´ understanding of strategic marketing concepts, tools, and techniques applied in leading businesses across the world
- To enhance students´ decision making skills, her/his ability to express ideas persuasively and to listen critically and respectfully to the ideas of classmates
- To prepare you for a career where you will be able to operate comfortably in marketing functions in global companies.
- To provide students the opportunity to analyze and solve complex problems in international management through case discussions and readings