Research projects of the Faculty of Communication Sciences
The Faculty of Communication Sciences carries out competitive, interdisciplinary research projects aimed at both the development of knowledge and its application, carried out within a network that includes academic and business partners at international, national and local levels.
Institute of Digital Technologies for Communication (ITDxC)
Taking and sending or uploading pictures has become a natural everyday routine for many people. In recent years, this ubiquity of visual communication and photo sharing have been critically discussed. However, the actual contexts and meanings of pictures in social relationships have not been examined adequately, yet. Against this background, the project Visualize relationships - function and problems, funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), investigates the role of everyday visual communication in romantic partnerships and in close friend relationships in Switzerland. More information.
List of projects - Faculty
The list of research projects underway and concluded at the Faculty of Communication Sciences is available on the following page:
List of projects - by institute
The list of research projects underway and concluded at individual institutes supported by the Faculty of Communication Sciences is available on the following pages:
- Institute of Argumentation, Linguistics and Semiotics (IALS)
- Institute of Communication and Health (ICH)
- Institute of Digital Technologies for Communication (ITDxC)
- Institute of Italian Studies (ISI)
- Institute of Marketing and Communication Management (IMCA)
- Institute of Media and Journalism (IMeG)
- Institute of Public Communication (ICP)