Institutes supported by the Faculty of Communication, Culture and Society
According to the USI organisational structure with regard to institutes, the Faculty of Communication, Culture and Society supports the following institutes:
- Institute of Argumentation, Linguistics and Semiotics (IALS)
- Institute of Digital Technologies for Communication (ITDxC)
- Institute of Italian Studies (ISI)
- Institute of Marketing and Communication Management (IMCA)
- Institute of Media and Journalism (IMeG)
- Institute of Public Communication (ICP)
The institutes promote the Faculty’s fundamental scientific principles, undertake research projects, and also coordinate their research activities with those taking place in the institutes of other universities, companies and institutions, thus establishing the Faculty within an international, national and local context.
Specialised sub-units (centres, observatories, laboratories) can be created inside or in cooperation between the institutes, with the aim of studying more specific topics than those dealt with by the institutes, or of issues that are common to all. The research of each of them is centred around a set of projects, linked by strong epistemological and methodological ties.