Winter School "Digital Cultural Tourism and Diplomacy"
Institute of Digital Technologies for Communication
Start date: 13 February 2022
End date: 20 February 2022
The Winter School is dedicated to investigating how ICTs designed to enhance the tourism experience can help in preserving and transmitting cultural heritage and bring people to work and live closer together, while at the same time promoting different forms of tourism – cultural, historic, religious, eno-gastronomic, etc. – that go beyond traditional “sun sea and sand”. Cyprus with its richness of tangible and intangible heritage will provide a suggestive background, as well as an ideal environment with various case studies.
Lectures and talks, visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites and other places, experience of unique local traditions, hands-on exercises, and a range of formal and informal activities will allow participants to understand how to leverage smart digital technologies for sustainable tourism and cultural diplomacy in order to preserve and transmit living heritage.
Participants will gain intangible heritage experiences by exploring up close the rich history of the island, working closely with the sites and stakeholders to create valuable ICT projects, and tasting local food and beverages.
Participation to this Winter School will give the opportunity to:
- strengthen knowledge and skills in the concerned fields through seminars and workshops
- network with professionals, scholars, researchers, stakeholders, and practitioners
- work with local tourism and heritage stakeholders
- contribute with one's talents to the creation of ICT solutions to enhance sustainable tourism at heritage sites and to transmit living heritage traditions
- experience Cyprus tangible and intangible heritage
- challenge oneself in learning and working in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment
To apply, a complete CV and a one-page motivation letter have to be sent to: email@example.com by 22 November 2021.