Mafia infiltration between Italy and Switzerland, between Lombardy and the Canton of Ticino
Institutional Communication Service
13 October 2022
In recent years, there has been a growth in incidents of Mafia infiltration into the Swiss economic and social fabric. Despite these signs, the study of the phenomenon in Switzerland is limited. The Ticino Observatory on Organised Crime (O-TiCO) of Università della Svizzera italiana has established a collaboration agreement with the Transcrime research centre of Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, aimed at strengthening joint research and data exchange in this area. The event will feature experts and institutional representatives from Italy and Switzerland to address the risks and issues related to mafia infiltration and migration, particularly between the Canton of Ticino and Lombardy.
The encounter will be held on Friday, 28 October 2022, from 4 pm to 6:30 pm at the USI West Campus Auditorium in Lugano.
- Federica De Rossa, Associate professor and director of the IDUSI Institute of Law, USI
- Ernesto Savona, Director of Transcrime, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Annamaria Astrologo, Adjunct professor IDUSI and Academic Director of O-Tico, USI
- Michele Riccardi, Vice-Director of Transcrime, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Round table discussion.
- Sergio Mastroianni, Federal Prosecutor
- Alessandra Dolci, Prosecutor and Coordinator Anti-Mafia District Directorate Milan
- Fabio Cadloni, Deputy Chief of the State Protection and Criminal Organisations Division
- Giuseppe D'Urso, Commander of the Economic and Financial Police Nucleus of the Guardia di Finanza at the Regional Command in Milan
- Marco Romano, National Councilor
- David Gentili, Anti-Mafia Committee of the City of Milan
- Francesco Lepori, RSI journalist and O-TiCO operations manager
For more information, refer to the attached poster.
The link to follow the event in live streaming: https://vimeo.com/event/2549038/37444a20c0