USI at the Annual Meeting of the Schweizerische Akademie der Geistes- und Sozialwissenschaften
Institutional Communication Service
5 June 2023
On 2-3 June 2023, three professors from USI Faculty of Communication, Culture and Society attended workshops and the annual assembly of the Schweizerische Akademie der Geistes- und Sozialwissenschaften (SAGW, https://www.sagw.ch/sagw/):
- Sara Garau, SAGW committee member, who was re-elected for another term as part of the assembly;
- Sara Greco, President of the Swiss Society for Linguistics;
- Katharina Lobinger, President of the Swiss Association of Communication and Media Research;
All the presidents of all the associations belonging to the SAGW and the members of the SAGW Committee attend these events.
The SAGW, or Schweizerische Akademie der Geistes- und Sozialwissenschaften, is Switzerland's most extensive humanities and social sciences network. Established in 1946, the Academy focuses on funding research, promoting young academics, and fostering international cooperation. As a research funding institute recognised by the federal government, the Academy is currently involved in three main areas of activity.
- Networking: SAGW is a platform that facilitates joint projects and the sharing of research results within the scientific community. It also plays a crucial role in connecting and fostering collaboration between different disciplines.
- Communication: SAGW arranges conferences, workshops, and round tables to discuss relevant topics and publishes studies, reports, and thematic dossiers. Its aim is to highlight the significance of its disciplines in analysing crucial social issues and encourage communication with the fields of politics and business.
- Funding: SAGW allocates a significant portion of its budget to support activities in the humanities and social sciences within our country. They have a grant policy that aims to promote young academics in research in accordance with its resources.